My view on the vacant manager situation

So after Carlo Ancelotti’s swift departure to Real Madrid, the hierarchy at Everton are left with a huge dilemma. Who should be the man to follow him on? 

Personally, I would like one of Antonio Conte, Nuno Espirito Santo or Erik Ten Hag to replace the Italian. Obviously, the departure of Ancelotti shocked the club, and I believe that Farhad Moshiri would be looking at another “Hollywood manager” to bring it. At the time of writing, Antonio Conte is in advanced talks with Tottenham Hotspur, but Nuno opened talks with us today. Some members of the board would embrace the return of David Moyes, however I don’t think that is likely. 


In my opinion, Ten Hag would be the perfect replacement. The only possible issue that I could see with his appointment would be that he is coming from the Dutch league, and as saw with Frank De Boer, this is not always a success. I do think that Nuno will get the job. He would receive my backing, and I’d like to believe he could take us to the European conference league. After two seventh placed finishes with wolves, Nuno left after finishing 14th; the club confirmed that it was by “mutual consent”. 


Should we appoint Nuno, I can foresee many signings relating to Jorge Mendes. A player on his books is Goncalo Guedes, whom Everton have been linked with in a £14m move from Valencia. Nuno has also worked with Andre Gomes during his time in Valencia, and I believe he can get the best out of Ben Godfrey and Lucas Digne’s attacking threat should we play 3-5-2. 


Would you be happy with Nuno in charge?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ancelotti on Everton's defeat to Aston Villa

Richarlison: Rise of a Star

Everton: Sell, or keep?